1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

150G LED water fall scrubber

Discussion in 'Algae Scrubber DIY' started by Kerry, Nov 25, 2012.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Kerry

Kerry Member Trusted Member Customer

Here is some pics of my newest scrubber, its a week old today. Its powered by 4 reds (660nm) and 1 blue (450nm) per side, this give it the purplish glow. I removed the UAS as it was not working on this 150G tank. The UAS has been fine on my 10G Nano. My UAS grew hand fulls of thick algae and you would have thought it was going to be great but sadly it was not. I hope to get some pics Monday as it will have a true 7 days growth. I finished it last Sunday evening.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think its great to have another dedicated scrubber site!!! Thanks Bud!!!

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Welcome Kerry! Good looking waterfall scrubber.

3. Kerry

Thank you Sir, I need to build a cover to block the light now.

4. Kerry

OK, time for some updates. This is 7 days of full growth, 8 days in. I had a few more pics but I think this is the only one I need to post. The matted down algae is stretched over a 1/2" PVC pipe. Pretty impressive for 7 days. I was wondering the nitrates had dropped from 30 to 15 in a few days. It was to hard to see how long the algae really was. I thought these nitrate readings where due to maybe I didnt feed as much which I figured impossible.
    [​IMG]

5. Garf

Garf Member Trusted Member

Looks like crude oilgae

6. Kerry

Its actually dark green like the strands on the pvc pipe.

7. crashmushroom

crashmushroom Member Customer

Yeah it does look really dark is that a new screen?

8. Kerry

I would like to share a pic of my First Two Weeks Growth!! I rubbed the algae backwards to get it to lift up and place a 1/2" pvc pipe behind for length comparison. Both sides look the same and there was patches that stuck out about 3/8".
    Yes its a new screen, 14 days today!! I cleaned and we are starting our first cleaned screen today as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Garf

Garf Member Trusted Member

Nice