1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Features Added, more to come!

Discussion in 'XenForo Features!' started by Turbo, Sep 4, 2014.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

I've added a few new features:
    • Scrolling avatars on posts: On longer posts, the avatar on the left "sticks" with the post as you scroll
    • "Start a conversation" link now appears under avatar on posts and profile page, and on User Info pop-up when clicking a user name
    • Home page is back (using different addon)
    • Notices system (mainly for new visitors to the site, to help get them pointed in the right direction)
    • Users will stay logged in by default (box is automatically checked when you go to log in)
    Coming by the end of next week: Xenforo 1.4, which includes:
    • Select-to-quote built in (very nice improvement!)
    • Recent Profile Posts on tab next to Recent Posts
    • Online Status Indicator on Avatar
    I will also be adding a Resource Management system and when I have the time, I will be updating the Algae Scrubber Basics into a great new form that is much more useable.

I may also be adding a Media Gallery system...I haven't quite decided on that one, it's a bit spendy, but Xenforo lacks a built-in attachment system.

2. Peter

Peter Member Trusted Member Customer

Wow! Great improvements!

3. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

1.4 has been installed!