1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 new Types of light.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fishingmegabite, Aug 19, 2016.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. There are 2 types of new of light that could be the next wave in algae scrubbers.
    The first is called FIPEL or field induced polymer electroluminescent technology it has the ability to be set for a spectrum conducive for algal growth .I have not done alot of reasearch on this type of loght source yet but once I do I will post what I find out. The second but not least is OLED which is supposed to rapidly hit the american market within the next year or so. Anyone on here know anything about this ?

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Never heard of FIPEL, but definitely OLED, I am an EE working in the construction/consulting industry so OLED has been one of those things on the horizon for a long time.

With Human Centric Lighting becoming a more prominent topic, meaning, the ability to control color temperature for various applications and also throughout the day (mimicking natural environments = higher productivity) these are undoubted going to be up and coming technologies.

Algae scrubbers will of course be dead last in consideration lol

3. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

So FIPEL...back in 2012 they said fixtures coming in 2013...sounds like something flopped, or they found out just how cutthroat the lighting industry is...

I'm going to a 2-day seminar by Stan Walerczyk next month, I'll ask him what he thinks (google him)

4. Thank You. I have been out of the Aquarium loop for about 10 years. Back then I was up with the cutting edge stuff ....now not so much,Lol.