1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$50 ATS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tom39, Jan 6, 2016.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Bud,

So a few weeks ago I picked up what looks like one of your earlier version ATS. I think it is a L1. Anyway, it came with a few upgrade plates, fittings, valves, leds, led driver and heat sinks. I was looking to get it up and running again but wanted to touch base with you to get the newest upgrades and other things that I may be missing. (I will upload a pic in a few minutes.) When you have a chance, take a look and let me know what you think and what you think I need to do to get it running at 100%.

Thanks,
    Tom

2. [​IMG]

3. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Rev 1 L2, looks like one where I sent out an upgrade kit but they never used it. Looks like they changed out some LEDs (I never used white star PCBs), not sure why the ones on the heat sink are still wired up...I have a guide on installing the side patch on YouTube. Missing lid and false bottom?

4. Yeah it looks like I am missing the lid. Didn't even realize that. The false bottom is there and it looks almost new. Not sure what they got going on with the leds. Think that they were trying something on their own.
    Anyway, I watched one of your videos and I seen that you make a patch that includes a new setup for the slot tube and e-drain. The patch on the e-drain side had 2 holes and then there was a patch for the other side for the other end of the slot pipe. With that patch kit, do you have to use a different slot pipe or does it retrofit your existing tube?

5. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Different slot pipe - that's for the Rev 3 upgrade dual patch. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a specific need/desire to enclose/seal the slot pipe like that.

6. Didn't have a particular need but thought it would be nice to have that setup. It looked like you were able to remove the slot pipe and screen without disconnecting the feed pump.

7. Turbo

The Rev 1 and Rev 2 have a slot pipe that sits in the cutout. You still need to shut off the return pump and disconnect the union before cleaning. It looks like you only got 1/2 of the union fitting also, the one that is connected to the elbow is half of it, the other half would be screwed onto the slot pipe. You will need to get a new union fitting, just a few $ at Lowes (3/4" threaded union).

I run 2 Rev 1 scrubber myself and they are still good units. It looks like they installed the bottom patch (threaded acrylic patch + threaded adapter) so that unit will have very good drainage. Not sure why you got 2 ball valves though, you only need one.

8. So it looks like I just need a lid and a foot of light blocker then. Do you have any replacement lids lying around if so can you let me know the cost + shipping?

Thanks,
    Tom

9. I realize that this thread is almost 2 years old but I thought that I would revive it instead of starting a new one.
    Anyway, I figured that I would finish putting this scrubber back together but when I pulled the leds out I found this kit (see pic) and was wondering if it might be one of your updates or improvements.
    Thank you,
    Tom G[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

10. Turbo

Yes, that is meant to replace the single middle blue LED, you would de-solder that LED and then remove it, and then bond on the 2-chip board and wire it in. I will have to send you some instructions on how to do that. Also I don't believe I ever sent you a lid or light blockers! Don't let me forget, I'm quite busy with many things these days, but I'll get to you for sure