1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-ons installed

Discussion in 'XenForo Features!' started by Turbo, Jun 2, 2014.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Added:

Conversation Live Update: If you are sending messages back and forth in a Conversation and you are both online, it auto-updates (like a chat)

Nodes as Tabs: Look on the Nav Bar and you will see pull-down menus for forum sections

Quick-Reply Preview: Adds a button so you can preview your post without having to go to the "more options" page

Sitemap: for submitting the site map to search engines

Separate Sticky and Normal Threads: What it says

Last Post Avatar: Shows avatar next to the last post on the listing pages

Garf likes this.
  2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Installed a few more real quick over lunch:

Mandatory Fields: this one I had been wanting to do but didn't know it was out there already. It allows me to make the default fields like "location" "occupation" etc mandatory, which is not part of the core software. It also forces users who are already registered to fill in this field on their next login, which is what I was wanting.

As a side note, I haven't made the location field mandatory yet. I had created a custom field (which you can make mandatory) to take place of the default field, so some people have the info in one place vs the other. Going to correct that and get rid of the custom field, but that will require a bit more effort when I have time.

Start conversation link under avatar/banners: a nice little adder that makes it much easier to start a conversation (PM) with a user, just click the new "Start a Conversation" link under a user's avatar instead of having to click their username and search for the link. I like less clicks.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  3. Turbo

Mandatory Fields has been disabled. I'm working with the developer to have him incorporate a work-around for Tapatalk, because the two do not work together and I do not wish to disable Tapatalk

QuoteMe!: This is a cool little adder. xenForo has a multi-quote system, but it grabs the whole message. This one allows you to highlight individual lines and drop them into the quick-reply window.

First, you have to enable Fast Quotes by clicking the link in the upper-right. You need to do this every time you want to quote a message - it is not automatic as that hoses up some mobile devices

quoteme1.jpg

Then, highlight some text, and the QuoteMe! box appears

quoteme2.jpg

Click it, and your selected text is quoted automatically in the quick-reply box

quoteme3.jpg

Enjoy!

4. Turbo

Updated main forum software to the latest version.

Installed a few more add-ons:

Go To Top: As you scroll down (on a desktop - doesn't work well on Mobile) you will see an up-arrow button appear in the lower right. Clicking this scrolls you all the way to the top. Very handy.

History: When viewing the any forum or thread, there is now a "History" link on the Nav Bar. Clicking this will show you a history or threads you have recently viewed (starting...now)

User Banners: Hovering over the banner below someone's avatar will give you a description of what that banner means.

Tapatalk: Updated

Mandatory Fields: I have paid for this add-on to be modified such that it ignores Tapatalk users, since these two don't play nice.