1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcing Algaescrubbing.com!

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Turbo, Jul 1, 2014.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

I will be transitioning the forum section of Turbo's Aquatics over to a new domain: www.algaescrubbing.com

As long as I can get the details straight, this will happen this week, possibly today.

2 years ago, I set up this forum primarily for promoting my products and supporting my customers. I always have stated that it was open to all hobbyists. However it occurred to me that some might hesitate to post questions or pictures of their systems if they weren't a customer. So I'm taking the "business" side and separating it from the "forum" side.

My plan is to make www.algaescrubbing.com will be the new central point for all things Algae Scrubber related.

My free time has been very constrained this past year, so I still have to balance everything out. Putting the polishing touches on the forum may take a bit of time, but it will come.

On a related note, you may see some Google Ads on the forum for a few weeks. Adding Google AdSense to the forum is a way to get the site re-indexed fast, so that the redirects aren't being used (i.e. algaescrubbing.com will get pushed to the top). It will only be temporary.

Also, Tapatalk users will have to remove Turbo's Aquastics and then search for algaescrubbing.com. I will be sending out a message to all tapatalk users regarding this.

tedlietz and Pny like this.
  2. Ricky

Ricky Member Trusted Member Multiple Units! Customer

Nice! Looking forward to it!

3. Matt Berry

Matt Berry Active Member Trusted Member

:)

4. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

This transition will be happening today! There some downtime, possibly a full day depending on how it goes. But I expect it to take only an hour or so.

Ricky likes this.
  5. Turbo

Allrighty then! 3 hours, 2 advil, 2 pepto bismol, lots of ftp & screen time...

Time for a sammich.