1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aquamn1999 L4 Scrubber Install

Discussion in 'Customer Support' started by aquamn1999, Jan 19, 2013.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. aquamn1999

aquamn1999 New Member Customer

Well with Christmas, New Years, honey do list, puttingeverything back in the attic I finally got a chance to hook this beast uptoday. First I should probably give a little back ground of my tank. The tankis 350 gallons and I have a 10 gallon anemone tank plumed into it. I do nothave any algae problems, nitrate, phosphate, etc.. That’s because I do 50gallon water changes every other week. I would like to be able to reduce thefrequency of water changes especially as my fish get bigger. Here is a quick video of my tank I took abouta year ago or so. The only difference is the corals and fish are bigger.
    [video=youtube;D_AZ0n7rkRs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=D_AZ0n7rkRs[/video]

2. aquamn1999

Now the unboxing of the L4. I want to say the packaging isexcellent. I think a tank could drive over the box and nothing would get hurt.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. aquamn1999

These pictures are of the install on my tank. I used composite deck board to build a platform for the L4 to sit above the sump.
    [​IMG]

I wanted to be able to turn all the LED’s on at once so I bought a new male plug end and wired both power supplies to it. This way Iwould only have to use one of the receptacles on the Digital Aquatics PC4. This also allows you the ability to use just one timer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. aquamn1999

On the drain of the L4 I would suggest getting the gate valve as without it the drain is very loud. I will post pictures of the algae growth in a couple of weeks. My system has 0 nitrates so it will take a little whilefor the algae to start growing. I will also skip a water change.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]