1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banned from the Algae Scrubber site

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Turbo, Nov 23, 2013.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Ricky

Ricky Member Trusted Member Multiple Units! Customer

Not on his pics. It stated the bubbles come in contact with algae and deliver co2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Which is only indirectly correct at best. Bubbling air through the water will cause CO2 and O2 as well as other components of air to become diffused into the water column, and then when this air-infused water passes by the algae, it is adsorbed. So it doesn't come from direct bubble contact. I think he just likes to simplify things for everyone to understand. I.E. he thinks everyone else is stupid enough to not understand what is really happening.

3. SM banning people because they disagree with him is frankly obnoxious. I have learned a lot from him obviously, especially his earlier efforts and information about setting up waterfall scrubbers. The simplicity of the concept and the ease of making one - plus the many different designs and ideas that were on the site were very helpful to me. FT - your posts and assistance was invaluable for that site as well. Your step by step instructions on how to build a waterfall scrubber, your tests of LED's etc. really helped. SM now seems to be in a sales mode - trying out a bunch of different ideas and trying to sell and license his products. From the start I noted that he had a somewhat difficult personality as well. I am concerned that the information you posted over there about how to make a scrubber, rough up screens and so on will be taken down and lost.

4. Ricky

He says bud got nanned cus he is not a good fit. Man took everything i had not to post some pretty nasty things

5. Garf

Garf Member Trusted Member

圣莫尼卡有夸大妄想而当面对咄咄逼人得到。现在他的网站是注定的,真理将战胜

Turbo likes this.
  6. jungleboy

jungleboy New Member

A little late but what is the purpose of bubbles in a uas then. Is it just to pull water through the uas?

7. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

SM explains his rationale for it several times on his site, but it's debatable as to what the bubbles actually do. The claim is water movement, causation of algae movement (random back and forth motion when air bubble passes close, and air delivery (CO2).

8. Garf

Just flow friend. The CO2 delivery claim (dry/wet/dry), is cobblers

9. jungleboy

jungleboy New Member

So using a co2 system instead of a air pump wouldn't do anything? Just out of curiosity.

10. Garf

I found the mass of algae increased but this was probably due to an increase in the carbon to n/P ratio. When I tried it the nutrient export was the same.

11. Turbo

:p

12. Spartachris

Spartachris New Member

I've joined this site here because I've learned so much from you. Thanks for all your work and openness!

Turbo likes this.
  13. jungleboy

jungleboy New Member

Ditto ^^^^^^ :)

14. Turbo

Thanks! For the record, I am open to evaluation of all algae scrubber type devices, and knowing/determining their limitations. Some devices work well in certain setups, other setups not quite so much, and some are the only alternative. So we must be open about that and realize what can be done and if necessary, what supplemental filtration should really still be considered.

15. Turbo

Ricky is now banned for posting his experience.

That was the tipping point I guess

Look like Ace is next.

16. Garf

First rule of DICKtatorship, remove all possible sources of rebellion

17. Garf

Ace, hope you got some sleeping tablets;
    [​IMG]
    For this

18. Garf

Are there any experienced reefers/scrubbers left on AS?

19. Ricky

Hey guys. Now im as cool as you guys!

20. Garf

Sub zero Rick