1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big LED scrubber

Discussion in 'Algae Scrubber DIY' started by Seaquest, Nov 27, 2014.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Seaquest

Seaquest New Member

I have a 36''x33'' sump in my garage so space is not an issue. I have large high waste fish.

I used 3W deep red, royal blue, and hyper violet from Steve's LEDs. I had previously ordered some 5050 plant grow LEDs from China that showed up unexpectedly so I used the red from the strips to increase overall wattage.

Many thanks to Turbo for all the advice and feedback!

Attached Files:

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

I remember the 5050 discussion, are you on that reeftank thread?

That scrubber is a huge one! Awesome build!

3. Seaquest

Seaquest New Member

Thanks!
    Yes that was me on the reeftank thread - I just realized I'm listed under my real name instead of my internet aquarist persona - Will correct.

4. Seaquest

Seaquest New Member

I just went to the profile page - looks like I can't change my name. Can you change it to Seaquest? or should I re-register. Don't like my real name showing up on google search.

5. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Changed!

6. Seaquest

Seaquest New Member

Thanks - will post some follow up once it is installed and running.

I combed the Internet for algae scrubber info when I started this process and this site is by far the most straightforward and detailed - with the explanations and experience to back it up. Keep up the good work!

7. SoundUser

SoundUser New Member

Impressive.