1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chinese LED Lamp Manufacturer "ledgrowlightfactory" - A warning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rumpy Pumpy, Jan 23, 2014.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Rumpy Pumpy

Rumpy Pumpy Member Trusted Member

UK
    As previously said on another thread I ordered a lamp from this crowd last November and asked that it be arranged with 18 red leds and 2 blue ones.

A couple of weeks later, I received a nice little lamp with 18 blue leds and 2 red ones.

So I contacted them and was ignored.

So I opened a claim with Paypal and was immediately asked by "ledgrowlightfactory" if I would accept a 9 US dollar refund. Less than 20% of the cost.

No I says, this lamp is no good to me.

So "ledgrowlightfactory" asked to return the old lamp and they would supply a new one in the correct configuration.

I explained to them that the cost of shipping it back to China from the UK was almost as much as the price of the lamp and suggested that they could make a new led array and that I would change it over myself.

No, they said, send it back.

So I asked them to confirm that they would refund the cost of the shipping, which they agreed to do.

So... I did so.... and I waited and waited, and checked the tracking number which told me that an attempt had been made to deliver the lamp to their address but that no one was there and that they would have to collect it.

Emailed them again. No reply.

Paypal emailed to say that I had to "elevate the dispute to claim" or it would expire and I'd have to start again.

So I did. Although also messaging them that I would much rather have a new lamp than a refund.

No reply of course.

So a few days go past and Paypal refunded me the cost of the lamp, but not the cost of the shipping (they say that they can only refund money that was paid via Paypal, not other costs)

Emailed twice more and have filed a request for payment through Paypal.

Needless to say, there has been no response.

Ebay ID http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/ledgrowlightfactory

Paypal address, sj13602624553@126.com

Buyer beware!