1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copepod Scrubber

Discussion in 'Experimental Scrubber Concepts' started by Garf, Oct 6, 2013.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Garf

Garf Member Trusted Member

Worth the effort - probably not. It may give me an insight into bubbly scrubber function though.

2. Rumpy Pumpy

Rumpy Pumpy Member Trusted Member

UK
    Not a worthless exercise then.

3. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

I tried to watch that video on my phone last night and it wouldn't play - said the video contains content from WMG (Warner Music Group) and is restricted from playback on certain sites. I had to play it on my PC and crank the sound to hear the radio in the background, apparently Big Brother is scanning YouTube videos for copyrighted content. Wow.

4. Rumpy Pumpy

UK

Basdids

5. Garf

Finally terminated this. Nitrate at rock bottom zero, P risen to 2ppm. So naturally thought, ahh - Nitrate limited. Then thought about it for a while, tested ammonia, and it was reading 2ppm :( its obviously not working for whatever reason, lack of competition perhaps?

6. Rumpy Pumpy

UK
    Nothing to nitrify the ammonia?

Maybe adding a little bit of live rock or denitrate would have helped?

7. Garf

Algae use ammonia as a nitrogen source (in place of nitrate), but it's totally failed in this case, with N (ammonia) and P rising.

8. Ricky

Ricky Member Trusted Member Multiple Units! Customer

Sorry to hear that man. Looking forward to your next idea ;)

9. Rumpy Pumpy

UK
    So we are told.

But not in this instance it seems.