1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coral Feeding: An Overview By Tim Wijgerde, Ph.D.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dryworm, Dec 28, 2013.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. dryworm

dryworm New Member

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/201...ider&utm_medium=slider&utm_campaign=clickthru

This trade-off between food availability and water quality can be circumvented by using plankton-saving filtration systems, which include denitrifying sand beds such as Dynamic Mineral Control (DyMiCo), and ALGAL TURF SCRUBBERS (Wijgerde 2012a,b). As the side advantages of the protein skimmer are lost (i.e. maintenance of a high oxygen saturation and pH via aeration of the water), it is important to compensate for this, especially during night time. This can be done by aerating the water with air pumps, or by limiting the stocking density of corals and fish.

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

This is a great article, read through most of it already. SM has already plastered it on just about every forum he's on also.

3. jungleboy

jungleboy New Member

Well of course he has. It is a big boost for ATS and he's still the "big man" of them. Even though I didn't like his advice much

4. Garf

Garf Member Trusted Member

I've started to aerate my horizontal now. Just don't seem natural without tiny bubbles, somehow.