1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crash's new setup

Discussion in 'Customer Support' started by crashmushroom, Dec 12, 2012.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. crashmushroom

crashmushroom Member Customer

Slower growing but lovely green so I'm happy :)

Attached Files:

2. crashmushroom

And another note it killed off nearly all the algae in the display which was brown on my rocks.

3. crashmushroom

Can anyone tell me when I feed my corals mysis shrimp my torch shrinks to half it size for about 24 hours then it's normal again. Is this right? My malu only shrinks to eat for an hour.

4. crashmushroom

Another question I have lps, zoos, and mushrooms but I'm going to the Lfs this week and what to try sps everything is perfect bar my phos is at .25 is it to high to try sps?

5. sabbath

sabbath Member Trusted Member Customer

.25 phos is high for sps. I would not take a chance of stressing it out and losing it right away. If it did live it would turn brown within a few days anyway.

6. Ricky

Ricky Member Trusted Member Multiple Units! Customer

+1. Anything .25 and higher will inhibit calcification. I freak out if its higher than .03

7. crashmushroom

Thanks guys my lps and all other corals look unbelievable but im a newbie when it comes to sps advice like that saves me money. I will work on the phos

8. crashmushroom

Made a mistake my phos is 0.18 so not as bad but I'm gonna get it down.

9. Ricky

Still fraking out here.

10. crashmushroom

Still what ricky? Will check phos in a while.

11. crashmushroom

Sorry i get it freaking out over my .18 do you think it will affect my lps i would go near sps untill it reaches near 0

12. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

I have plenty of LPS in my personal tank and the N was 20 and P was .21 last time I tested, they're getting by. All of my SPS (easy ones) are either dying or stalled out on growth. I really need to put a waterfall scrubber on it (the UAS test is an epic fail)

13. crashmushroom

Oh i thought u had a waterfall back on it didnt know u stilll had uas. I never tried uas when the design was released i was sceptical of wether it would work.

14. Ricky

Ill save you the trouble. It doesnt.

15. crashmushroom

I just saw the funny side of that sorry :)

16. crashmushroom

Day 13 i think still not enough to clean but very green. Strange no algae in the slot and the peice of screen that goes into the slot is completely white this used to get clogged before.

Attached Files:

17. Garf

Garf Member Trusted Member

It does look quite thick now. Interesting to see what happens with your phos levels. What food are you putting in the tank ?

18. crashmushroom

New era flake & once a week frozen frozen mysis or brine. Yeah hopefully will take care of it. I am using 3 hours on 3 off total of nine wonder should i up it to more.

19. Garf

Garf Member Trusted Member

Only one way to find out !

20. crashmushroom

Yeah will try more i still have some brown on rocks.