1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garfs first post

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Garf, Nov 17, 2012.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Garf

Garf Member Trusted Member

Hello there. Hope this site really takes off for you Floyd.;)
    Tapatalk is a real benefit.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Welcome!!

You can also go straight to the site with your mobile browser. IMO, better than Tapatalk - at least on my iPhone. But I haven't played with it that much yet.

The drawback I have found to Tapatalk is that if you title a post (like the FAQs on the Turbo Algae Scrubbers) the title doesn't show up. In this case, the question which is answered in the post. Mildly annoying and can be confusing.

3. Garf

I'm particularly looking forward to posts in the "Experimental Scrubber Concepts" forum. You may be aware that I'm a bit of a fiddler myself. And now for my first picture post, here's my tank, scrubbed with a DIY jobby;
    [​IMG]

4. crashmushroom

crashmushroom Member Customer

Amazing how do you keep the sand so clean?

5. Garf

I don't do anything to it, and I mean nothing. Suppose al the creepy crawleys do it at night while I'm fast asleep! Gonna try and take a "top down" photo to show that the sand behind the rocks is also spotless.

6. crashmushroom

crashmushroom Member Customer

i have to discover your secret i went bare bottom just so i could clean the detritus from my tank i get brown dust stuff fall from my rocks and collect on the floor. What CUC do you have?

7. Garf

[​IMG]

8. sabbath

sabbath Member Trusted Member Customer

Hi Garf. I don't know how you do it! You and a few others are why I added a ATS to my system. You get tons of growth on your ATS and not in your tank. After 4 months of running scrubbers I still get the opposite. But I'm trying to make it happen with a L2 that has been going for 5 weeks now. I'm starting to see traces of green now. Ya

tedlietz likes this.
  9. reefer madness

reefer madness New Member

Was your older scrubber a up flow or waterfall? Just wondering.....

10. sabbath

sabbath Member Trusted Member Customer

The old scrubbers where a few Hog.5 up flow scrubbers. I could not get them to work even with all of SM recommendations. The water fall styles in my system cleaned it back up and is running great. :)

11. reefer madness

reefer madness New Member

Your answer is what I expected. Hope your L2 fixes your tank. I bey it will.

12. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer