1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garfs softy dominated SPS trial

Discussion in 'Advanced Topics' started by Garf, Jun 16, 2013.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Garf

Garf Member Trusted Member

Since the demise of my 10 inch montipora digi I've been longing to try different SPS in my multiple scrubbed tank. So, got some frags and took some pics;
    Always toyed with the idea of trying a selection of SPS in my tank, so here goes;

Pic showing softy (and fish) domination;
    [​IMG]

Day of delivery, after 90 mins floating, 90 mins drip acclimatising;
    [​IMG]

Del + 3 days
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Del + 5 days
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. sabbath

sabbath Member Trusted Member Customer

They look like they are turning brown. Be interesting to see if they color back up.

3. Garf

Garf Member Trusted Member

It was a disaster. Guess they can't cope with the toxins released. Tried running without carbon to test the "Bacterial Degradation" possibility. Not totally surprised considering my old 10inch monti digi dissolved it's flesh away, and went to the coral garden in the sky. One of the more expensive tests I've done :(

4. sabbath

Oh boy. I need to change my carbon now after hearing this. When I run mine in a reactor it is plugged in about 2.5 weeks and I have not replaced it yet after it stopped a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my mobile

Don

5. sabbath

I noticed about a week ago a slime layer at the water line above the return pump. I changed the carbon yesterday and this morning it is clear again. :) Note this is with running a scrubber and a skimmer.

Sent from my mobile

Don