1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G'day scrubbing from Australia

Discussion in 'Algae Scrubber DIY' started by Scott49, Oct 13, 2015.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Scott49

Scott49 New Member

Hi all I would like to share some of my diy scrubbers and ask for some advice. I have attached a couple of pics for you to look at. The pic of the screen is about 8 days growth it doesn't seem to get any better than this and is not exporting nutrients all that well. Any advice would be helpful.

Attached Files:

2. Scott49

Scott49 New Member

This is a new one I have built I have been using a mix 5050 leds on the little one but this one is not going so well I will be swapping the 5050 leds with some 5630 warm white leds to see if it gets any better.

Attached Files:

3. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

The first one looks like it's growing pretty well, what level of nutrients are you seeing that you are having problems getting under control?

the SMD type LEDs, the 5050 and 5630 are generally not as intense as a standard 3W chip on a star PCB. The intensity is quite different.