1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Bubbles right

Discussion in 'Algae Scrubber DIY' started by comet, Nov 2, 2013.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. comet

comet New Member

This is my DIY scrubber, trying to get the bubbles to be more evenly distributed than they are now (see here: )

My first thought was to put a T on the end, but I don't know if that will help as they seem to pool and then go through the holes. Perhaps the holes need to be bigger or I need less of them?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013
  2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Can' really tell from the video where the holes even are. Can you take it out and take some still shots?

Also I noticed you haven't roughed up the screen so I take it you are just testing out the design right now?

3. comet

comet New Member

This is what it looks like. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383476837.395666.jpg yep, just the testing period.

4. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

looks like a surface tension issue, the air can't get through the holes. Not sure what I would do to fix that. Something like what SM did on his 3D printed HOG design would work better, but hard to do DIY

5. From looking at your video, you need a lot more air flow than you are providing. Perhaps just an increase in the air would solve your problem. I use an air wand on my UAS scrubber - works well. Or do what Santa Monica does - make slices in a tube that goes across - distribute the air that way.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013