1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got lucky and got a new L2 from a fellow reefer- no directions though...

Discussion in 'Customer Support' started by NavyMedic, Apr 27, 2016.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. NavyMedic

NavyMedic New Member

I lucked out when a fellow reefer could not use the L2 as it was too big for his application. I am currently looking at it but there was no instruction manual or directions supplied by him (he might have forgotten to place them in the box). Any help would be great, i plan on fitting this into my sump tomorrow :)
    Mike

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

3. NavyMedic

NavyMedic New Member

I just got the L2 v4! Going to print the user's manual and get to work :D

4. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Dang, I haven't been shipping those for more than 2 months and they're already getting re-sold! Who did you buy it from so I can update my database? You can PM me if you don't want to post in the thread. Several went to FL over the last few months. Still wondering who won the Reef2Reef unit at RAP Orlando...

NavyMedic likes this.
  5. NavyMedic

NavyMedic New Member

Going to PM you now

6. NavyMedic

NavyMedic New Member

OK it was a challenge to put together and in the sump. You may want to consider a base or someway to secure it to the sump or sump area. Also lose the hose, it sucks and no matter how much I heated it up it wouldn't straighten up, so I will go to HD tomorrow and get some PVC pipe and ball valve to go from the pump to the unit. Also need to make up a better way of mounting it, not too happy with how I have it for now.
    Tomorrow (or during the weekend) I will work on it and let you know.

7. NavyMedic

NavyMedic New Member

So I have it up for 2 days, still has not tipped over into the sump, hahaha. When I get off work in the morning I fill fab up a better way to secure the L2 to the sump. I will not check for algae till day 14, and give an update.

8. Turbo

9. Turbo

You can definitely hard-plumb the connection, the issue is that I can't include something like that because those kind of needs are very specific to the individual setup. It's also tricky to get a hard-plumbed connection to line up just perfectly - so be aware of that

I'm sure if I provide no hose, I would get more comments about not including it and having to go run and get some vs problems with the hose included - can't win, right?