1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Fellow Scrubbers!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Silverback, Feb 12, 2014.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Silverback

Silverback New Member Customer

Hi everyone

I'm soon to embark on the scrubber journey (got an L2 on order) and I'm hoping to finally rid my DT of nuisance algae....

Look forward to sharing my progress with you all!

2. Ricky

Ricky Member Trusted Member Multiple Units! Customer

Welcome!

Any info or pics of the tank?

3. Silverback

Silverback New Member Customer

Hi Ricky

System is a sumped 3x2x2 with 3 AI Sols, BK Double Cone 180 skimmer, a DaStaCo calcium reactor and a home-made recirculating NP pellet reactor.

It's my first marine tank - been running almost 2 yrs now, and has riffsystem ceramic plates on two sides and a free-standing structure. I'm away on business but will post photo's when I'm back home...

The plan was for an SPS tank - that's still the case, and whilst I've consistently had really low NO3 and PO4 test results, I've struggled with GHA for most of that time. I only feed a couple of cubes a day - 6 small anthias, 3 chromis, a fire goby, rainfords goby, flame angel, ember blenny, yellow tang and a purple dottyback, with half a a dozen hermits, 2 peppermint shrimps, 3 cleaner shrimps and a bloodshrimp along with a variety of snails..

I was inspired by another ceramic user here in the UK - their tank seemed to be completely clear of the infernal green stuff within a couple of months, so that's the goal!!