1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Cebu in the Philippines

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Jeff Bell, May 26, 2014.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Jeff Bell

Jeff Bell New Member Customer

Hello everyone.
    My name is Jeff Bell and I'm a 59 year Brit living in semi retirement in Cebu in central Philippines.
    I'm married a local lady nine years ago and about 6 months ago we saw someone in our village with a reef tank and we decided to have one installed.
    At that time neither my wife or I knew anything about keeping a marine tank, we didn't know what to do.
    A Japanese national living nearby set us up with a 80 US gallon FOWLR display tank and about a 25 US gallon sump.
    The first thing that happened about a week after our tank was installed was that Super Typhoon Yolanda occurred nearby and we lost electricity for about a week.
    As a result most of the fish that our Japanese friend supplied us with died.
    We moved on and we are learning more and more everyday.
    We now have quite well stocked reef tank with plenty of soft corals and some SPS's.
    When we conduct our water quality checks we've noticed that our nitrate and phosphate readings were high.
    All other readings like Specific Gravity, dKH, pH, Calcium and Magnesium were all fine and within normal ranges and constant but the NO3 and PO4 were always high.
    Eventually we purchased a L4 Algae Turf Scrubber from Bud and we are the first week of usage.
    Looking forward to posting pictures of our ATS screen when it turns.
    In the meantime best wishes to all members and happy reefing

Attached Files:

2. Garf

Garf Member Trusted Member

Hello there ;)
    Tanks looking great. The scrubber should soon do a good job of eating those Nitrate and Phosphates.

3. IAmNotGr33n

IAmNotGr33n Member Customer

Hi, the corals looks healthy and the tank looks stunning. Let's us see the L4 in action

4. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

great looking tank!!