1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Switzerland

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Michael Schneider, May 27, 2016.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Hi all,

Just wanted to say a quick hello. After reading so much about algae scrubbers on RC, I thought I would come here to the source of it all ;)

I am planning to build my own scrubber in the near future. I have all the material except the driver. So I will be preparing the screen this weekend and by the time the driver arrives, I will be able to start growing.

As I only have a small tank without any technical tank, I will try a upflow algae scrubber. I will post a build thread here and am looking forward to any input you can give. I am not aware of any scrubbers currently built in Switzerland, at least I have not found anyone on the Swiss forums. Should there be someone from around here, let me know. I would love to discuss any specifics.

Michael

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

I don't know of anyone building them in Switzerland either, but I do ship internationally if you are ever interested!

For a small tank, a UAS can do the trick very well. Post a build thread, absolutely!

Welcome to the site!
    Bud

3. I am planning a bigger build... with fish room. And believe me, I will come back to your offer to ship internationally :D I love the design of your scrubbers and strongly believe that they are a perfect way of doing the basic removal of unwanted nutrients. What I want to achieve with this first build is to learn how easy it will be to fine tune it. In the end I don't want to suck out all the nutrients and how easy is it to keep nitrates and phosphates at a level that is beneficial to my little friends sitting on the stone. I need to say that I am a complete beginner when it comes to aquariums and am currently fighting a lot of algae on the reef so I am looking forward to seeing the effect the UAS can have. Being a scientist by training and conviction, I will make sure that I can share the effect that this specific build will have on my situation. I'm really looking forward. I just hope that I will survive the first time I plug this thing into a power plug, I am not really known for my ability with the soldering iron ;)

4. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer