1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Hello, Ted here.......

Discussion in 'New Members' started by tedlietz, Dec 8, 2013.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. tedlietz

tedlietz Member Customer

As an intro...............I have a 65 gal reef garden, 29 gal sump, diy algae turf scrubber, Biopellets reactor, and a diy 162 watt led fixture...glad to be on board .

Ted Lietz

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Welcome!

3. Rumpy Pumpy

Rumpy Pumpy Member Trusted Member

UK

Hi fella.

I'd be v. interested in details of how you went about that (and maybe some photos of the end result).

Been thinking of making one myself.

4. tedlietz

tedlietz Member Customer

I went to LED group buy and used there Makers heat sink and followed there suggestions. The end result turned out quite good ..as far as posting pictures I,m not sure I can.I,m not to computer literate...........

Ted

5. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

You can establish and account on Photobucket and upload the pics there, then paste the IMG code links here. Or you can use one of many other services as well.

To upload a photo directly, just click the "Upload a File" button in the lower right corner of the Reply window, should be something similar on Tapatalk also.

Here I did it just as an example via PC, this is how it looks.

Once you upload it, you can insert the file as a thumbnail

Engelmann.jpg

Or as the full image

Engelmann.jpg

If you click the thumbnail, you see a pop-up of the full image.

Neat! I learned something today! Now I can go back to not learning.

6. tedlietz

tedlietz Member Customer

Attached Files:

7. tedlietz

tedlietz Member Customer

I tried to post a picture a pic but each time I get an error that the upload is to large......Ted

8. Turbo

I think I have a limit on the upload size. I haven't configured everything yet. Photobucket and the like typically do not have a upload limit, but rather a drive allocation limit (GB) on your account as well as a download (bandwidth) limit. I pay $25/year for no limits. It's worth it and also saves forum servers from storing bajillions of GB of photos.

Plus you can resize and edit on PB, etc.
    Or you can download Irfanview and install that, then batch-resize your pictures before uploading them