1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Increasing the flow

Discussion in 'Updates & Modifications' started by Turbo, Mar 28, 2013.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

THIS THREAD APPLIES TO ALL MODELS OF TURBO ALGAE SCRUBBERS

Increasing flow to the screen has been shown to increase growth, especially after your screen is matured. I have several users who are pushing as much as 400 GPH (instead of ~210 GPH) on the L2 and are getting great results. Doing this in conjunction with the LED modification and removal of the diffusers seems to increase the growth significantly, if you have the bio-load (feeding level).

2. pitzenmj

pitzenmj New Member Customer

Hey Bud,

I have another question on this one. When I crank my rio up to 100 percent, even with the drain perfectly tuned, my flow is high enough that I get a water sloshing sound as it hits the false bottom with enough force to splash slightly. Are other people finding a way around this, or am I overly sensative about to water noise with my tank? when I dial my L2 back to 85-90% I can get it completely silent.

3. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Hopefully a few others will chime in on this one. Right now, I actually run mine at about 90% also, but that was because I run it on top of the tank and when I initially set it up, when I opened it up all the way, I got a lot of bubbles coming out of the loc-line drain. I haven't tried it now that it's been running for 5+ weeks