1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installed algae scrubber

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tedlietz, Apr 20, 2014.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. tedlietz

tedlietz Member Customer

Yes, that was my Mark II.......I made an earlier one, Mark I out of a salt bucket, using compact florescent spot lights, it worked very well, however it was to large and bulky...............I,m half way done on Mark III correcting issues of Mark II.......and I,m running out of plastic as my old sump has just about been parted out.....don't know why I need another scrubber, keeps me off the street...... now that I have a Turbo L2....

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Or, place a diffuser in front of the LEDs, or on the inside of the box in front of the 'windows'. +1 on a good DIY build. That is very good evidence of photo saturation. On my Rev 1 L2, which had a single full-current blue in the middle, people would routinely get a 'dead' spot right in the middle of the screen, which would eventually appear to fill in, until you scraped it and it was still empty of growth (long GHA will grow over the spot, but algae wont stay attached in the center). That was my first clue on photo saturation.