1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internal, bubble-less, oddly-lit scrubby scrub

Discussion in 'Experimental Scrubber Concepts' started by jedimasterben, Aug 23, 2014.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Oh no, I dosed it dry by weight, didn't bother dissolving and dosing a solution, that's for sissies :p

2. Well, since my skimmer is just being a bit too wonky, think I'm going to shut it off and make this scrubber a waterfall. I'm pushing around 370GPH through my overflow, though I'll get a measurement on that and figure it out for real. I'll also need to make another LED array and possibly change up the current one, maybe make one 'traditional' 660nm and 430nm (since I've seen a few threads where violet seems to be better than royal blue) with like 10x 660nm and 2x 430nm, and then my 'experimental' have like 6x 660nm, 2x 430nm, 2x WW, and 2x lime or something like that. Maybe toss in a couple of 630nm in place of 660nm on the 'experimental' one, though in all actuality the WW will peak right around 600nm and still give ~90% energy at 630nm.

I wish I had the time to compare the different arrays on one side against 'the standard' on the other, changing only one thing at a time, but that would really take consistent feedings, etc, which I'm not always able to do, along with an ever-changing tank thanks to bastard dinoflagellates...

3. Added a second screen to the sump today, have been waiting on some plastic suction cups from ebay lol.