1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing the new Turbo Algae Scrubber! (Rev 4)

Discussion in 'Product Information' started by Turbo, Sep 3, 2015.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

I will add you!

2. Today marks three weeks my scrubber has been running. It's growing very well.

Attached Files:

danmgray and Turbo like this.
  3. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

That's great for 3 weeks!! Have you cleaned the screen yet? Or was this the first cleaning?

4. I have cleaned it twice.

5. Turbo

Nice! I might split this off into another thread so you can keep it updated.

6. Turbo

Today I will ship Rev 4 units #49 and #50. That's officially 25 units shipped in the last 2 weeks!

I'd like to thank everyone for their patience!

Also, if you happen to be going to Reef-A-Palooza Orlando, there will be a Turbo L2 Algae Scrubber at the Reef2Reef booth and you can enter to win it! Here's the deal, if you JUST bought one from me, enter anyways: if you win it and don't want to take the unit home with you, I'll give you a full refund on your purchase!

7. armanslr

armanslr New Member

Hey Bud,

Any idea on when the L4 will start shipping?

Thanks!

8. Turbo

I'm still waiting for the first article (prototype parts) which are supposed to be here in a few weeks. The wait is killing me! If those check out (it will take me anywhere from a few hours to a few days to make 100% sure) then the first parts order will hopefully be in pretty quickly. May will be a crazy month...

danmgray likes this.
  9. Turbo

Well this week took an unexpected turn. Most of those who have paid & waiting know but just in case I missed someone, I'm siting here in pre-op with my family waiting for my Dad (75) to go in for a quadruple bypass after he had a "heart attack" on Tuesday. The air quotes are because he was golfing Tuesday and he bent over on the first tee to place the ball & felt some chest tightness & dizziness, which passed...finished all 18 holes (shot 100, which is good for him, for first game of the year) then went to get checked out and they found a this

image.jpeg

So, slight pause in production, even though I did bring a bunch of parts with me to work on....

10. Matt Berry

Matt Berry Active Member Trusted Member

Hope the op and recovery goes smoothly.

11. armanslr

armanslr New Member

Bud,

I am upgrading to a 540g DT. Would 2 L4s be better or 1 L8?

Thanks,
    Arman

12. armanslr

armanslr New Member

Bud,

Sorry to hear about your father. I hope all goes well. My dad has had heart problems, the best thing for your dad is a stress free environment to allow him to recover.

13. Turbo

Could go either way. Some would say 2 smaller scrubbers and alternate cleanings but I'm it sure that is really a significant advantage

14. armanslr

armanslr New Member

Would 1 L8 be sufficient? If so, will 1 L8 be cheaper then 2L4?

Thanks

15. Turbo

It's really based on feeding, then secondary factors like total volume, other filtration, tank issues, and overall bioload are secondary factors. Fill in some of those blanks and I can give you a better educated guess.

The larger versions are always cheaper then 2 of the next smaller size.

16. armanslr

armanslr New Member

I'm going to have lots of large Tangs so feeding will be heavy more then likely around 6 cubes a day. Could you remove me from the L4 list and put me on the L8 List? Sorry for the trouble. Thanks

Turbo likes this.
  17. Turbo

No problem, can do!

18. armanslr

armanslr New Member

Thanks Bud!

Turbo likes this.
  19. LowHangingFruit

LowHangingFruit New Member

Japan
    How are things with your father, Bud?

20. Turbo

He is doing well, just dealing with afib as a result of the operation which means extra medication, which he's not happy about, but he is recovering as expected otherwise. Thanks for asking!

I've got a dozen scrubbers on the bench, which will be shipping this week, probably Tuesday and Wednesday. The following users here are in this group:

@Eric&Tami
    @ewechye
    @jolt
    @LowHangingFruit
    @frostbcc
    @Justin
    @b4tn
    Probably a few others but my spreadsheet is not perfectly up to date!

LowHangingFruit likes this.