1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing the new Turbo Algae Scrubber! (Rev 4)

Discussion in 'Product Information' started by Turbo, Sep 3, 2015.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. SillySanj

SillySanj Member Customer

Put me down for L2 rev 4 please Bud.

Ta

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Will do!

3. What are the dimensions of the L2?

4. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

As it is currently laid out, the L2 footprint of the base will be just under 11" long and just over 5" wide. The heat sinks fins will extend out another 1/2" in either direction but those don't contact anything the unit is sitting on.

Height of the L2 and L4 will be about 7.5" with the lid on. Length of the L4 will be around 17" long. The L8 will be the same length as the L4, and 4" taller (about 11.5").

I'm still pondering some changes, one related to the slot pipe

5. Corwin

Corwin New Member

Put me down for L2 rev 4 please

Thank you

6. Turbo

Will do!

7. I have a 120 gallon main tank with a 40 gallon sump. Would you recommended the L2 or the L4 and I would like to be put on the waiting list for one of them.

8. Turbo

@Matthew lewis probably an L2 but it depends on what else you have going on, to an extent. What are your filtration components, and what do you feed / how much per day?

9. I have an octopus classic 225 ext skimmer. filter sock And live rock in there at the moment. I planed on doing a split sump and rufuge soon. And I have approximately 15 fish from gobies to tangs triggers a puffer wrasses clown pair. I feed once a day and it's a mix that I change up of misis krill vegy blend brine try to give them a variety. And I only feed as much as they will eat in about 5 min. Sometimes there is a lil scrap but the crabs do a pretty good job at getting that. And I have about 150 pounds of live rock in the display.

10. Turbo

I would say an L2 for that system

11. Ok. Sounds good.

Turbo likes this.
  12. Mike185

Mike185 Member Customer

Sounds good. Definitely put me down for an new L2.

Mike

Turbo likes this.
  13. Please put me in line for an L-2 Rev 4. I assume from reading that will be the best for what I am putting together. Going on my new 120 when it gets here in a couple of months. Will have a 40B sump and will be running 2 filter socks (changed daily) and an RLSS skimmer. Possibly a UV also. Planning on maybe having 12-16 fish, most of them small. Will only feed once a day.

Turbo likes this.
  14. dwayne

dwayne New Member

Sounds like the L4 might be a better fit then.

Turbo likes this.
  15. Turbo

Got it @dwayne! You don't have to make a decision right away.

16. Daniel l

Daniel l New Member

Put my name on your list for L2 r4 please

17. Turbo

Daniel l likes this.
  18. RickCranium

RickCranium New Member Customer

As a Reef Angel owner you had me at PWM controlled. Put me down for an L2 too please.

Turbo likes this.
  19. Chema

Chema New Member

Spain
    Thank's a lot for the design and effort you are putting into this new version of the scrubber. I'm designing my new sump and I would like to implement the Rev 4 of the Scrubber. What are going to be the dimensions?

Turbo likes this.
  20. Turbo

L2 will be about 11" long, 6" wide, and about 7.5" tall, roughly,. I"ll be releasing more details as the final production details are firmed up.