1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing the new Turbo Algae Scrubber! (Rev 4)

Discussion in 'Product Information' started by Turbo, Sep 3, 2015.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. AmandaP

AmandaP New Member

Please put me on the wait list for a used L4/R3, or a new one which every come first.
    Thanks

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    Turbo likes this.
  2. Chema

Chema New Member

Spain
    Great! That will fit nicely in the sump compartment I'll dedicate to the scrubber. However I still have to wait and calculate for the extra room of pipes. I guess you may ship to Spain, at least the scrubber itself, without the lights. The heat sinks are heavy and may increase a lot the cost of the shipment. Well, let's wait for the final product to come out to worry about that.

Thanks for the info

3. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

4. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

I've shipped to many EU countries but I don't think Spain is one of them.
    Just a clarification, the scrubber must not sit inside the sump, but rather on top of it. Wasn't sure what you meant by the above statement ;)

5. Chema

Chema New Member

Spain
    Yes, I know, but in order to determine the dimensions of that compartment it would help to know how big is what is going to be placed right on top of it. Otherwise the scrubber might be too close to other elements like the skimmer.

6. Turbo

That's what I figured but I didn't want to assume anything

7. Haile S

Haile S New Member

UK
    Can you put me on the list for a L8 to be shipped to the UK.

8. Turbo

@Haile S I sure can! It might not be until the middle of next year though. Another option is to start with a smaller unit and then upgrade and sell the smaller one.

9. Haile S

Haile S New Member

UK
    I'm planning to upgrade in the new year so could run the existing skimmer etc before adding extra stock

10. Chema

Chema New Member

Spain
    Do you have any idea how much may be the shipping to Spain for a complete L2 new unit? If you have never shipped to Spain, a similar shipment to UK, France or Germany could be a good estimate.

Thanks

11. Turbo

The main cost is actually related to the size of the package (something called Dimensional Weight) so the actual weight of the package doesn't change the price of shipping by as much as you would expect
    I've shipped many to the UK and at least one to France, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, etc. They're all usually in the same price range, which is roughly $105 +/- $15 for an L2 shipped.

12. KStatefan

KStatefan New Member

MHK
    Add me to the list for a L2

13. Turbo

Will do, thanks for the interest!

14. Eddie909

Eddie909 New Member

NJ
    I have a few questions about the new L4 Turbo Algae Scrubber. What is the size of the L4? Can the L4 be mounted internally in the sump or external. Does it come with a pump?
    thanks,
    Ed

15. Turbo

Welcome @Eddie909!

I don't include a pump with the units, but I stock a few models. Most people have an extra pump or might not need it (plenum return, etc).

The new L4 will be approximately 17" long, about 6" wide, and about 7.5" tall. I don't have exact dims yet, because I haven't had the 3D models for injection molding developed for that unit yet - focusing in the L2 first and hammering out all of the precise details (there are a lot more than I anticipated) and then once those are out of the way, the L4 and L8 will be a breeze.

All of my units can be mounted over or on top of a sump, and depending on how you run your system, they could be mounted inside the sump, but they can never be submerged at all. So the bottom of the unit must always be above the water line in the worst-case situation (like you overfilled your tank via ATO or by accident, then lost power for a long time).

You can mount these on top of the tank, above the tank (on a wall bracket) and with the proper precautions, you can mount them remotely. But they must always have a gravity-drain path to something.

I hope that answers your questions. I'll be coming up with some graphics and videos that might do a better job of answering these types of questions.

16. Eddie909

Eddie909 New Member

NJ
    Thank you so much for getting back to me. You answered all my questions.

17. dwayne

dwayne New Member

How long is a full length snap-on Light & Spray Blocker?

18. Turbo

I had them cut to 48" for the bulk shipment. So far I've only met one person with a scrubber longer than 48".

19. dwayne

dwayne New Member

Don't need it that long but was thinking i might purchase an entire length and was curious what that is.

20. dwayne

dwayne New Member

How much for the 48" piece with shipping?