1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L2 Scrubber and Ehiem Pump Flow?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Q&A' started by Pete H., Jan 17, 2013.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Pete H.

Pete H. New Member Customer

So, I have the new pump hooked up to my L2 scrubber and I have noticed that I am getting quite a bit of flow out of my pump. In fact, when I remove the heatsink and defuser plate to see inside, water is squirting away from the screen and not flowing down it like it was. Do I just need to clean out the PVC slit? Do I need to dial back the flow from the pump? I am starting to get some brown algae growing on the screen. Hoping in a few more weeks to get the good green algae.

Thanks!
    Pete

2. Ricky

Ricky Member Trusted Member Multiple Units! Customer

Pete i get the same thing.. i use a mag 3. Ton of flow.. no need to do anything. It works great for me.

3. Pete H.

Pete H. New Member Customer

So its not a problem if it is not running down the screen as much? I am starting to grow some algae on the clear acrylic because the water is hitting the sides. lol. Maybe it just needs to keep breaking in. Has only been running for a month or two so, ...

4. Ricky

Ricky Member Trusted Member Multiple Units! Customer

As the algae grows it will start flowing better. Just make sure that the slot is not clogged

5. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Pete, am I crazy or did I not replace your eheim pump with the Rio???

6. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

always make sure the slot is scrubbed clean with each cleaning, and the top edge of the screen as well. you can take either a folded up paper towel or a micro fiber cloth to clean the slot of algae. The action of cutting the slot leaves the PVC a bit rough (even though it looks smooth), and this tends to make for a good area for algae to adhere to, so you must clean this weekly.