1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LED kits sold seperately?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Q&A' started by Gary Schultze, Jan 19, 2016.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Gary Schultze

Gary Schultze New Member

I'm planning to either build an ATS or buy one. I'll do a video for my youtube channel of the installation and how it works once I get it all done. I've been reading your forums for a few days now and have also been looking all over the web for any other information I can find on the subject. Our local club, Twin Cities Marine Aquarium Society has a few guys getting great results using an Ebay fixture from Popular Grow for $110.
    Full Spectrum Dimmable 300W LED Grow Light 3W Leds Hydro Medical Plant Growing

They run them dimmed down to 50-70% and swear that you need the dimmable version. In an effort to keep costs down I'm looking at other options. Do you sell LED kits with your boards and heatsyncs?

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

I know the guy using that fixture and you're right, he gets killer growth! Well at least, I follow his scrubber thread on the TCMAS forum.

I will be selling the LED boards and drivers, as well as the heat sinks, but for a DIY build it's better to use the Makers LED heat sinks like I use for the Rev 2 & 3. The mounting holes in my boards are backwards-compatible with their heat sink lanes.

Also you can just buy the LEDs outright and then buy my driver, but my MCPCB for the LED boards adds some heat spread capability which does actually make a difference, plus no soldering