1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mirrored Acrylic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ddalgleish, Jan 13, 2015.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. ddalgleish

ddalgleish Member Customer

Texas
  2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

There were some threads discussing the use of this on the other site when the UAS came out, submerging this stuff may or may not be OK.

For a waterfall unit, probably minimal benefit as it would only be used on the ends to reflect back lost light, but it would get reflected back to the other light fixture.

Kind of falls into the "diminishing returns" category for me, but someone might find a way to put it to good use.

3. Matt Berry

Matt Berry Active Member Trusted Member

It might work well on single sided waterfall scrubbers where more light can penetrate through the back of the screen. Other than that though, I'm not sure there would be much benefit.

4. RickCranium

RickCranium New Member Customer

I use it on the ends of my box. Got it from Delvie's plastics. It looks like it's just regular acrylic with a metallic paint applied to one side. Figured it would give my scrubber a little extra oomph. No idea if it actually does anything or not. :D