1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My DIY scrubber

Discussion in 'Algae Scrubber DIY' started by Steve Lane, Aug 13, 2015.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Steve Lane

Steve Lane New Member

It`s been 9 days since I installed this.....thanks to Bud and his patience for some very good advice.
    Hows it looking and should I be cleaning the screen?
    Thanks.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

You could clean it now or in a few days. At this point just a swipe of the palm or rub with fingertips, then rinse with a cup of tank water. Don't scrub or scrape

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    Steve Lane likes this.
  3. Steve Lane

Steve Lane New Member

I`ll leave it till the weekend Bud, I`m going to change the weir tube for a wider diameter one.....I think that`s why it`s a little noisy.

4. Steve Lane

Steve Lane New Member

And i was right, the tube I used was just not large enough diameter-wise and now all is quiet.
    I have also installed the 2 ip65 LEDs which arrived this morning.
    [​IMG]
    I`ll clean the screen in a day or two.

Turbo likes this.
  5. Steve Lane

Steve Lane New Member

2nd cleaning today and a nice growth of GHA. Used a credit card to clean it off and rinsed in ro/do water before refitting.
    Hows it looking?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

started on 8/4, so that 18 days from zero? Very good!

7. Steve Lane

Steve Lane New Member

Yes, I was surprised at the growth since last weekend and how it`s gone from the brown to green....you don`t notice the colour under the red LEDs which replaced the warm whites last Saturday.

8. Steve Lane

Steve Lane New Member

2nd cleaning after 25 days.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Looking ok?

9. atoll

atoll Member

Those ip65 LEDs are just great. I have 2 of the same on my DIY scrubber. 20150718_110031.jpg