1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My New Pre-Made Scrubber on the Market

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by greyfish, Apr 19, 2017.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Hello, Scrub-heads!

I'd like to start this post off with a disclaimer... I have spoken with Bud (Turbo), had a great conversation, in fact, about putting out some information on a pretty basic pre-made scrubber I'm bringing to the market. He respected the fact that I ran it by him first, and he was very supportive! Great guy! That being said, it's not a revolutionary design... In fact, it's a melting pot of a few pretty common designs with a few of my own touches. (Why re-invent the wheel, right?) And just so you know, I was actually inspired by what Bud has done for the community to try and do the same. Everything I've learned in the past few years about ATSs can be attributed to the work of Turbo, YouTube, and all of you lovely folks in the forums! I know he often has trouble meeting the demand because he makes incredible products, so I've arrived to the scene to simply provide one more option. If you've had money saved up for a Turbo scrubber, please buy it! I've heard nothing but incredible reviews about Turbo's scrubbers and I have no intention of stealing business from him...

That being said, I'll get into the meat and gravy.

About Me: My name is John Grey. I'm a southern boy, born and raised in Georgia. I've been in the aquarium hobby for a while and it greatly helps my PTSD and anxiety. Spending 6 years in the Army and a 13-month deployment to Afghanistan, my military career was unfortunately cut short due to some pretty severe medical issues. After spending some time in car sales and doing pretty well, I got a phone call at 24 years old that I was rated 100% as a permanently and totally disabled combat veteran. Not exactly what you want to hear as a 24-year old who could run a 12 minute 2-mile a couple years ago. Long story short, I dropped out of the car business to go to school full-time - in which I'm currently going to for a degree in CAD.

My Intentions: I'll sum it up in one sentence. My intention is to have something to do in my free-time to keep me sane while creating another affordable option of pre-made waterfall ATS units (and possibly other acrylic creations) for beginners and professionals in the hobby.

The Product: The G-Scrubz Series Algae Turf Scrubbers

Here's the basics...
    • Simple waterfall design to support an average 2-4 cubes of feeding/day (May be able to modify for smaller quantities or design a nano series if there's enough demand)
    • Pre-cut, pre-assembled, and pre-glued plumbing (to include a perfect 1/8" slot - slot pipe)
    • Meticulous, A.D.D.-directed (yes, I have it) craftsmanship
    • Multiple color options for a reasonable add-on fee
    • Proven performance based on the most popular designs in the industry
    • Multiple price-points depending on your individual needs
    Without going into an essay, I'll refer you guys to my website for plenty more information and pictures based on the individual packages I'll offer.

Moving Forward: Right now I'm taking pre-orders on my website. I'm a one-man operation right now so I need some pre-orders to buy my supplies in bulk so I've got a solid starting point for production. Rest assured, every single unit will be built the exact same. I've got measurements, diagrams, and everything I need to ensure uniformity.

I also plan on designing some frag racks, sumps, all-in-one systems, and more depending on what kind of demand I see from my scrubbers.

So that's it... I tried to keep it short and sweet for you guys. Please, do understand that this isn't some untrustworthy new design, and it's certainly not a concept that I'll take credit for. I'm just in it to fulfill the need for pre-made scrubbers and do something I love. So, if you're looking to finally get into algae scrubbing seriously and rid your display tank of nuisance algaes, you've got even more pre-made options on the table now.

If you guys have any questions whatsoever, please don't hesitate to contact me via my website or shoot me a PM through the forum and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Please keep in mind that I am very busy with school, kids, and oh yeah... a 200 gallon reef system of my own. Thanks!

John aka "GreyFish"

Attached Files:

Sundog101 and Turbo like this.
  2. Hi, looks interesting GreyFish. Do you have pics of the drainage/ underside?

Also any videos of the unit running and one of it being disassembled/cleaned?

Would be good to see how easy/hard it is to do husbandry take like cleaning etc.

Cheers
    DX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Dxmarinefish, sorry for the delayed response. I've been tied up with family and acrylic-working. I have actually decided on only making the boxes with the option of added plumbing and pre-cut slot pipes. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to get any videos of a unit in action, but that's definitely on my to-do list. The underside is just a 1" bulkhead as the main drain. If you go check out my website, I've got tons of pictures of it posted. Husbandry is as simple as cutting the pump off, removing the screen with the rotating clips, and scraping the algae over the sink, just like any other waterfall scrubber. Hopefully that answers your questions! If you need one built, let me know!

4. thanks. Looks good.