1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New L4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cbsaint01, Oct 2, 2016.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. cbsaint01

cbsaint01 Member

More pictures. As you can see, some pictures shows as I took the screen pipe most of the gha stay in the clear container. It came off the screen very easy.

Attached Files:

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

That's almost exactly the type and volume of growth I get when I go 14 days on mine, that growth is fantastic!

One thing to note though, on that pic in your 2nd post above where you have the screen/pipe in the box, you have it in backwards. I'm pretty sure you just had it like that for that one pic, just making sure :)

3. cbsaint01

cbsaint01 Member

yes, I noticed it during installation

4. cbsaint01

cbsaint01 Member

The L4 is continuing scrubbing as expected.

Attached Files:

Turbo likes this.
  5. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Very nice!

6. cbsaint01

cbsaint01 Member

Hi!!! I have nothing but great things to say about my L4 performance. Now I harvest every Friday. The key to success is to try maintaining the same amount of food everyday that matches the way you have the device setup. So far, no hiccups but success.

Attached Files:

7. Turbo

Textbook growth, seems like your tank is at a balance point!

Fill everyone in on your tank info - size, livestock, how much you feed & what you feed, other filtration, etc

Also let us know what your scrubber settings & maintenance cycle is - approximate flow rate (or just the pump you use & your vertical head), photoperiod, intensity, harvest frequency, etc

8. cbsaint01

cbsaint01 Member

Ok, I have two black fin sharks about six inches each, one 2-3 in. yellow tang, one maroon fish about 3 1/2 in., one blue hippo tang 6-7 in., one Fox face about 6-7 in., 1 Mexican snail, 7 nassarius snails which seem to reproduce because I see a bunch of little snails on my glass in the morning. I dose kalkwasser 1 drop every 5-7 min.
    Filtration: 2 filter socks one mesh one felt.
    Skimmer: C remora with a 1200 maxi jet runs only at night when I remember to turn it on.
    Micro Bubbling method only at night which seems to work, even my wife notice the fishes look like they are swimming on air.
    Bio-filtration: what you see in the tank about 70-80 lbs of rocks and 3 lbs of pondguru mix with pieces of livestock in the sump.
    Food: I feed mostly pellets food. I was told by an aquarium expert it is better because it has everything your fishes need. I get that from Walmart the jumbo pellet the closest to live food it contains variety of seafood, also feed the pack combo twice a week only one cube with the pellets.
    Also every morning I feed GHA and all the fishes eat that believe or not. I save a bag of that stuff in my freezer.
    Scrubber: L4 with rio 2100
    Light intensity at full for 18 hrs
    Pump full throttle at ~20 in height. I haven’t done any adjustment since December.

9. cbsaint01

cbsaint01 Member

Video of my tank