1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'New Members' started by q8vw, Jul 1, 2013.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. q8vw

q8vw New Member

Kuwait
    Hello everyone,

This is Hussain from Kuwait And I've been reading about scrubbers since long time and I think it will be so useful in my country since our weather is HELL in summer +55 degree Celsius in sun (Thats around 115 Fahrenheit). Water change is almost impossible unless you have a big storage container.

I will be around reading on the forum.

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Yeah, how do you keep a tank cool in that weather? I would think that even with A/C running 24/7, you would still need a chiller...

3. q8vw

q8vw New Member

Kuwait
    About +70% of our houses have HVAC cooling system, and its running 24/7 only in summer, winter is kinda cold but not that much, lowest temp is 0 or -1 Celsius (32f) no need for for water chiller at all, maybe only if you run a MH 400w. worst thing in my country you can't find all the pipe fittings.

Soon I'm starting a new project 190gallon 200cm x 60cm x 60cm (78"x23"x23") all glass (glass is cheap here they get it from Saudi Arabia), just ordered schedule 80 bulkheads from BRS, it takes around 3 weeks to arrive (We're having companies which offer mailbox in the US) in the order i add this mailbox and that company will ship it to Kuwait. 1 LB shipped from that mailbox to Kuwait costs around 12 US dollar. :rolleyes:

4. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Yeah I've shipped to Saudia Arabia and UAE and IIRC those took a while to get there.