1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Scrubber Progression and Advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by re76, Jul 16, 2017.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Have had my L2 scrubber up for almost 4 weeks now. Getting some pretty solid growth!

Progression album of cleanings is below:
    ATS Progression

I am running 11 hours right now at the recommended 6 oclock starting setting. Should I start increasing the time/intensity or let it go a few more weeks?

Also, has anyone seen the issue where the edge of the screen isn't getting growth? I suspect water isn't getting over there for some reason but I have no idea why that would be the case.

Thanks in advance!

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

The edge should fill in with increased light, that's probably the reason it's not growing there. But if you had cranked the intensity, you would see no growth in the middle, but on the edges you would have growth.

Bump intensity up to 5 o'clock, hours to 15ish. Give it a week at that level, as long as it looks the same or better, go to 18-20 hours. Then give it a few cycles.

Don't over-clean, and don't let it grow more than about 12 days. Once you start to get the 3D growth at the bottom of the growth chamber around 5-7 days, that's when you can start letting it grow longer

Looks good!

3. Alright I bumped it up to about 15 hours, but left the intensity the same for now

I am going to give it a day or two at the same intensity and then slowly spread the increase to 5 o'clock over a few days.

Will report back with more pictures in a few days.