1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to scrubbers diy

Discussion in 'Algae Scrubber DIY' started by Theo, May 10, 2019.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Theo

Theo New Member

China
    @Turbo is there a meanwell driver that is dimmable and will work for this exact setup?

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

3. Theo

Theo New Member

China
    If I choose the Meanwell HLG-60H-C700A version, would I wire both lights like this?

AAC39662-09E7-4881-9A2B-77BA3226C3A9.jpeg

4. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

5. Theo

Theo New Member

China
    If I go with the B type, can I just connect it to a potentiometer? And using the B type, will it be ok if I connect both fixtures in parallel to the drive or should I get a way to try and connect both fixtures in series with each other to the driver?

6. Turbo

The point of the B type is that it’s dimmable, so you would just connect in series

No idea on the potentiometer. Should be covered in the spec sheet in the link.

7. Theo

Theo New Member

China
    @Turbo , where can I place an order for one of your scrubbers?

8. Turbo

I'm not taking orders at the moment, I shifted all my efforts over to making face shields for medical workers a few months ago, and I got backlogged after landing a big contract (which I'm still working to fulfill).

9. Theo

Theo New Member

China
    @Turbo you are breaking my heart...

10. Theo

Theo New Member

China
    @Turbo , after the heartache you caused last week I’ve ordered all my things to diy. If I may ask, how did you make the snap-on water and light deflectors?

upload_2020-6-15_22-10-55.png

I would love to buy one from you but shipping cost for this would probably not make sense. What plastic did you use and how did you bend it? Any other ideas that can make a similar deflector?

11. Turbo

There are extruded, but you can take ABS plastic and heat it to bend it around a pipe.