1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next step with ATS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HobbyReef, Aug 25, 2020.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. HobbyReef

HobbyReef New Member

Hello you all! Im new here and heard about this from reef2reef forums hence I decided to ask a few opinions from more experienced "scrubberists" :D Sorry, english is not my mother tongue.

So, I have 120g system which is around 3 months old. I built my own custom made ATS and it has started to have some growth in the past weeks.
    IMG_20200824_101741.jpg IMG_20200824_101805.jpg

I normally run lights 18 hours on and 6 off. My concern is should I clean this screen already or let it grow more? I dont have yet decent turf algae much on it.

Does that my picture tell you something, is there something wrong on my light intensity/schedule or flow etc?
    As you might see, the center of screen has far less growth than surroundings (too much light?)

I remember hearing something about yellow spots and dark growth (maybe a little slime'ish as well) on the screen in the beginning. Is this normal cycle of ATS before it kicks in or is my light schedule wrong or something else wrong?

Flow is around 320gph and screen size is
    W: 10" / H: 14".

Nitrates ~10ppm
    Phosphates 0.03-0.1ppm

Light is LED fixture from AliExpress:
    US $64.86 53% OFF|PopBloom Algae Lamp LED Aquarium Lighting Refugium Lamp For Algae Seaweed Filter/ Refuge Grow Light Aquarium Shannon16G|Lightings| - AliExpress

Any advice from this point to next step is gladly taken.

Thank you in advance!

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Sorry, this post was caught in the Moderation Queue and I missed the notification about it!!