1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos of my L2 Blacked out plumbing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rfbrowne, Aug 26, 2017.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. I replaced all the plain white plumbing parts and replaced them with either black or grey parts. I used blue 2 inch pvc from BRS. Got the rest of the plumbing parts from flexpvc.com.

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Very nice looking installation!!!

3. atoll

atoll Member

That looks a fine quality build, well done.

4. cono

cono New Member

What did you use to hold it up over sum0

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

5. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

@cono those are my extruded PVC rails

6. I bought them with the scrubber from turbo aquatic's. (Extrudeded PVC Rails) They work great, and are very sturdy. I looked around Home Depot for something to mount it over my sump. What I found is it was cheaper to buy them with the scrubber approx $40 bucks. I really like that they are thin, and allow access below scrubber.

7. Bud, I tried using the L2 without the included filter sock, but I get lots of bubble splash (As Expected). I didn't want to add another
    filter sock to my system, I hate cleaning them. So instead I use a "Nylon Mesh Filter Sock", and it works great for
    four reasons. 1) Blocks all bubbles & Splash. 2) Its transparent so you can see waterflow. 3) Traps loose algae. 4) Easy to clean!!!
    I bought them on amazon for about $12 bucks. I l'll post a picture when I can.

8. Turbo

Thanks for the feedback @rfbrowne i appreciate it!

Personally when I used the filter sock, I never cleaned it. It’s not meant to actually filter, just to route bubbles and water flow to the surface. So it might have been the way you used it. It’s intended to be placed such that the top of the bubble blocker (coupling with thumbscrews) is at the water level, and then rim of the sock over the thumbscrews so that it is also at the water level, allowing free-flow out of it.

I’ll look into the mesh sock, the filter sock in general is really only needed until the screen matures, after that bubbles usually aren’t a problem as long as the drain is tuned.

At least, ideally

9. cono

cono New Member

Can I buy them

10. Turbo

In about a month. I just ran out!

11. cono

cono New Member

Lol keep me posted

12. cono

cono New Member

Hey bud did you ever get the rails in stock ?

13. Turbo

Yeah, I have plenty - I just sent you an email