1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with scrubber

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Punisher, May 24, 2015.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Yeah, that's filling in much better now with the LED light backed up. Interesting how just an inch or two of distance can make all the difference!

mannycalavera2 likes this.
  2. Punisher

Punisher New Member

Thank you for the advice, alga grows better now. Please let me know if I should clean it again in two weeks, and it it is clean enough as shown in the pictures or if I cleaned it too much.

I also want to eliminate the saving bulb and place leds I have 16 leds 660mm, what do you think about this idea?

I appreciate your help.

3. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

I think you cleaned it correctly. You should clean it when it looks like it needs it. I know this sounds a bit vague, but if you do everything the same from day to day and week to week (in terms of feeding and other filtration system maintenance) then you should eventually be able to know exactly when you need to clean, for your scrubber.

For instance, I clean my scrubber every 6 or 7 days on a regular basis. I feed about the same amount every day, pretty consistently. It's always ready to clean at the 6 or 7 day point.

Your scrubber may only need to be cleaned every 10 days, 12 days, 14 days, etc. If you keep a notepad and just write down the day that you cleaned, you will start to notice that eventually you will be cleaning the scrubber at a regular interval.

I hope that makes sense!

Bud

4. Punisher

Punisher New Member

I also want to eliminate the saving bulb and place leds I have 16 leds 3w 660mm, what do you think about this idea?

5. Turbo

Yes you could do this as well.