1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edfe, Dec 9, 2020.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Edfe

Edfe New Member

Texas
    Newby question on ATS

I just transfer my current 60 gal cube to a 110 new sand same rock and new water, i decided to try an ATS because cheato made a mess on my old sump.

I decided to get a Clear water -100 m current readings before adding the ATS were with a photoperiod of 18 hours

nitrate-5
    Phosphate - .5

thats when i decided to get the scrubber online, its been a week and i started to see some brown slime on the screen and floating on my sump

readings ara still holding steady at
    nitrate-10
    Phosphate - .25

is this expected ? i know there is a break in time for it to start producing algea

thank you in advance

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

It can take anywhere from a few weeks to a month or more for a scrubber to get ramped up. If you have specific questions about Clear Water scrubbers, I would recommend reaching out to Josh (the owner).

There are many factors that can affect how quickly the screen will start up. 1 week is not long enough to tell anything. Rinse off the slime at least once or twice a week (just swipe with your palm and rinse in low flow room temp tap water).

3. Edfe

Edfe New Member

Texas
    thank you for the advice, i did clean the screen from the brown slime and im monitoring but if i dont see an GHA i will try to get un touch with CW.

thank you, this is a great forum got a lot of good information before i even asked the question :)

thanks again