I had my L2 set up on my 90 gallon reef tank for over a year with a nice algae mat until 3 weeks ago. I have my unit on a secondary loop in my sump with a separate pump. I turned off the pump to do my weekly cleaning, got interrupted and you guessed it--I forgot to turn the pump back on. Didn't notice it until the following week, by which time the algae was a dead moldy mass. I used the scraper to remove the dead stuff off the surface of the screen and put it back in, hoping I would get some grow-back, but no dice. After two more weeks I have a few dime-sized patches of green. I'm wondering if I should use a brush to clean out the holes in the screen, which are currently clogged with dead stuff, to give the new algae a better foothold on the screen. Any thoughts?