1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revised Rev 3 Slot Pipe

Discussion in 'Updates & Modifications' started by Turbo, Oct 30, 2013.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

I know that I JUST came out with the Rev 3 not more than a few months ago...but I've made an improvement already

The Rev 3 slot pipe which was beveled on the inside with endcaps to seal it, can be seen in post #10 here:

https://www.turbosaquatics.com/vb4/...Taking-Orders-for-The-Turbo-HF-Algae-Scrubber

I've replaced this with a simpler design, both functionally and for fabrication

[​IMG]

Basically it is a slip x slip coupler that is cut on a table saw. This is slid over the end of the pipe, and an o-ring is inserted (high quality EPDM o-ring)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Combine this with stand-off screws and the slot pipe sits nicely in the box, freeing one hand up to tighten down the connection

[​IMG]

The result is an even more water-tight connection, and the elimination of the vinyl endcaps (which I was never really 100% satisfied with). Plus, you can literally pick up the entire unit by the slot pipe and swing it in a circle and it won't come off. And yeah, I tried that :)

This will also be available as a free upgrade to those who have already received a Rev 3 unit. It is also very easy to DIY. I will be contacting all Rev 3 customers shortly.

2. Garf

Garf Member Trusted Member

You have been busy, havent you :)