1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sabbaths L2 progress

Discussion in 'Customer Support' started by sabbath, Dec 3, 2012.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. sabbath

sabbath Member Trusted Member Customer

The dark brown slimy patches have been slowly getting thinner and thinner. Today I would declare it over and gone! :D

2. Garf

Garf Member Trusted Member

Yahoo

3. Garf

Have you undetectable nitrate and phos?

4. sabbath

Good question. I will check levels tomorrow.

Sent from my mobile

Don

5. sabbath

Hmmm the tests show that there has been a few changes.

The Alk has maintained a level of 6.9dkh after I had raised the dosage this week.

Phosphates (25ppb/.077ppm) are giving me a reading for the first time ever.

Nitrates still =0 Red Sea

Potassium (340) This is a first as well. It never has been below 400 even while running full Zeovit that is known for lowering K.

6. sabbath

This weeks harvest was 97g.

Sent from my mobile

Don

7. sabbath

I turned the ATS 90 deg. Now it is easier to see both sides of the screen from the front. [​IMG]

Sent from my mobile

Don

8. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

You must have egg crate on top of those pipes? That pic about gave me a heart attack - the pipes are so close to the edge! I would slide those in a bit but that's me :)

9. sabbath

Lol I should have mentioned so that someone did not do it like that. It is sitting on acrylic that is secured to the PVC with servo tape that is Very strong.

Sent from my mobile

Don

10. sabbath

The rocks are continuing to lose the algae. Yeah. The phone pics don't focus that great, but here is to trying at a few updated pics. Similar pics are on page one. So you can see how more and more of the rocks are becoming exposed.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my mobile

Don

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  11. sabbath

I turned off my carbon reactor a couple days ago. DT looks good and same but the ORP has dropped about 20 points. Maybe that stuff is still doing something after 2 weeks?

Sent from my mobile

Don

12. sabbath

This week is down a little from last week ( 57grams) The change I made was adding Saran to the screen. I removed it and will see if that has an effect. The DT is looking better though.
    Here is 7 days. [​IMG]
    Here is 14days
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my mobile

Don

13. Garf

I think you took the carbon out also. Interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.

14. sabbath

Oh ya. I noticed mid this last week the the ORP was going back down. So I replaced it around Wednesday. This time it only went up a little. So I'm arms in the air as to if and when to run carbon again. What do you think? Run it full time passively in the sump baffle?

Sent from my mobile

Don

15. Redfish

Redfish Member Customer

As I am just learning about Scrubbers, don't get upset when I ask a dumb question, just trying to learn :) Here it is: couldn't you just take the screen, give it a shake (not a hard shake) in the return section of your sump to dislodge some of the pods to let them work their way into the display tank? Then give the screen a dip in the RO water to kill pods that didn't come off? Seems a waste to kill pods, when so many pay good money for them.

16. sabbath

Thats sounds like a good plan. Be interesting to hear what other say on this.

17. Ricky

Ricky Member Trusted Member Multiple Units! Customer

Thats the beauty of what we do.. other people spend hundreds of dollars in skimmers, carbon, gfo, reactors.. pods.

There are literally millions of them.. they are in your rock, under your pump, between your glass cleaner and the glass... Everywhere... So killing a few when you clean the scrubber is really not that big of a deal. I give it a shake in the tank when i can.. but i dont sweat it.

18. sabbath

These week the algae looks a little dark. Going to try add one hour.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my mobile

Don

19. sabbath

Same progress this week.
    Algae in the display is still there but is slowly thinning. So perfect IMO, If I do anything to speed it up (like running a skimmer) the acans start to decline.

Sent from my mobile

Don

20. sabbath

Algae seems to have stopped going away but it's not advancing. Corals look good but a couple of Acans are still receding a little. Hmmm

Decided to fired up my small EV120 skimmer in the 120g reef. I'm going to try running it from 5am to 2pm. ( I feed after 2pm ) ATS starts as soon as the lights go out. So one or the other will be going when the DT lights are off. There is even a little overlap with both running. This way I'm thinking that it will clean some of the uneaten food from the day before.

Sent from my mobile

Don