1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sabbath's Sumpless L4

Discussion in 'Customer Support' started by sabbath, Feb 21, 2013.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. sabbath

sabbath Member Trusted Member Customer

Well I got the new L4. Looks top notch as always.
    I'm getting a lot of air bubbles out of the bottom exit. I have the water level in the box where there is a little draining out of the E drain.
    Also not sure that I like the look of the pump in there? But I might have to do some playing around with different setups. Maybe I will like the pump in a overflow box better?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my mobile

Don

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  2. sabbath

I have a ATS L2-4 request.

Ok just for a L4 for me.

I would like a black on one side, white on the other side. Blank plate to go where one of the LED lights go. This way as my bio load is going up I can go from one a 1 sided lite to a 2. :)

Sent from my mobile

Don

3. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Or, you could just take a piece of mylar and place it in front of the "off" fixture, and don't plug that one in. The fixture would be the light blocker and the mylar (or even aluminum foil) would do a better job refelecting the light that makes it through the screen than white acrylic.

4. sabbath

Good idea. I put tinfoil around some cardboard cut to fit and stay with your tab and set screw.

Here is the screen after 7 days and nothing live in the DT yet. I seeded it with my L2 4 days ago. This pic is the unlighted side.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my mobile

Don

5. sabbath

Well I decided to run this with a sump here is the DT today. I'm blown away at how well the algae has cleared up. I'm running the L4 without the difusers and the pump wide open. I have it running with and after a Skimmer. Also I started this system with old dried out rocks that where full of algae. I ran the the L4 with the dirty rocks for about 4 weeks before turning on the display lights. Those rocks still are clean of any algae.
    Then when I added a few corals, fish and started the DT lights. I added a few rocks from my 120g and those had Hair algae all over them. But now the rocks from my 120g are getting cleaner and cleaner everyday. At this rate it will be hard to see anything on them in few weeks.
    I'm very happy that I added the L4! But I beleave that the Skimmer is helping clean up the algae at a faster rate. After it is cleaned up I'm not sure what to do with the Skimmer. Run it part time? Run it dry? Maybe not at all?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]