1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Santa Monica Appendages - WIPO (PCT - International)

Discussion in 'Patent & Legal Discussion' started by Turbo, Sep 16, 2014.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

No updates on this from SM on his site, but for anyone interested in keeping up with the status of his application, it's all right here:

http://patentscope.wipo.int/search/...revFilter=&sortOption=Pub+Date+Desc&maxRec=22

I'm not a legal expert but when compared to the HOG PCT it seems this one got kind of half and half.

Personally I can't understand how he can claim textured anything, because we've all been doing that.

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Click on the Documents tab and look for the 5 page PDF dated 10-9-14 (Sep 10th), written opinion. I would be interested in hearing a legal interpretation of this one.

3. Matt Berry

Matt Berry Active Member Trusted Member

This is completely ridiculous.

Turbo likes this.
  4. Garf

Garf Member Trusted Member

You'll find that a lot with SM :)

5. Turbo

I just noticed that there was another document dated 16.9.2014 (the day I started this thread) that might mean that this dead.

http://patentscope.wipo.int/search/docservicepdf_pct/id00000026266863.pdf

on page 4, the box is checked that says "This Authority found that the requirement of unity of invention is not complied with and chose not to invite the applicant to pay additional fees"

Also on page 1, Box No. IV is checked for "Lack of unity of invention"

As before, this one still confuses me. It looks like it is noted that some of the ideas are "novelty" but the application in total is not unified. As in, he tried to cover too many things under one general scope of concept.

My take on it is that the device (the SURF, basically) and the Appendages used in the SURF should have been 2 separate PCT submittals. Putting them together mucked it up.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  6. Matt Berry

Hmmm. Well that's good news. As long as he doesn't try to split the patent into two and resubmit them.

7. Turbo

I don't know if these are all updated daily but I just went to the link today and there is another document with today's date for all of these WIPO applications. What are the odds that I would go there today...haven't visited any of these in quite a while...

8. Matt Berry

I think the 'International Application Status Report' is updated daily.

I did a search not too long ago to see if he had any new submissions. Glad to say there was nothing to report :)

9. Turbo

Yup you are right...

10. Turbo

Submitted on 2/5/15 to the USPTO

United States Patent Application: 0150034539

I guess that might be why we are all "waiting" for him to come out with his Green Grabber screen.

The whole thing that bothers me with the Appendages thing is that the textured screen was NOT his original idea, at least, not to the extent that his applications cover.

Here is the proof, which is still live on his site

idea on screen roughness

And in case he takes it down, here is an .ZIP attachment with all of the HTML files, along with the pictures that are linked (in case he takes those down also)

Attached Files:

11. Turbo

Rest of images

Attached Files: