1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrub me up

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Rixter757, Jun 22, 2013.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Rixter757

Rixter757 New Member

Hey all,

I've been lurking/learning for a couple of months now, ready to go with a scrubber. The funny thing is that my wife has convinced me not to DIY but to buy one. I guess that says a bunch for my home improvements around here :rolleyes:

I'm very new to the marine world, reading as much as I can whenever I can. I have a 4ft tank but it's only 18" wide so I have approx 340 litres. I'm currently a couple of days into the cycle so I have a crystal clean DT and that's how I intend to keep it ;) I figure that I can either go for a couple of reactors or I can opt for a scrubber & see how it goes. I've read Buds latest thinking in regards to skimmers so I'll keep my BM Curve 5 running also.

For stock, I'll probably go for around 8 fish. I'm thinking the L2 will do the trick? I'm just waiting for Bud to release the 3rd series before I purchase.

That's enough for now methinks, just a quick hello really. I already see a few familiars from RC. Now it's The Voice final & I got me some vino that needs opening. Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks,

Rixter

2. Garf

Garf Member Trusted Member

Welcome, sounds like you've got everything planned out great :)

3. Rixter757

Rixter757 New Member

Thanks Garf, I'm getting there thanks to the invaluable posts from members such as yourself. That said, you do pickle my brain wayyyyy too often ;)