1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrubber build

Discussion in 'Algae Scrubber DIY' started by Tim, Sep 17, 2017.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Tim

    Tim Member

    Thank you both for all the information. For the next fixture I will again wire 10x red leds in serie. And I will leave enough room to add violets (and connect these to a seperate driver), if I would like to give this another try some time. Unfortunately there is no good source for quality leds here in the Netherlands. I am looking for a supplier in the UK. Importing from the US is very expensive.
    I also ordered 50x titanium m2 screws and nylon washers.

    Thank you for your explanation and help Turbo, I am very thankfull and who knows maybe I can spread the word here in the Netherlands for you.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk
  2. Tim

    Tim Member

    I started a topic on a Dutch forum to keep track of my progress: www.zeewaterforum.info.

    The url of this topic is also included. Unfortunately it is not accessible for non-members.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk
  3. Tim

    Tim Member

    So far so good[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk
    Turbo likes this.
  4. Tim

    Tim Member

    I also added 2 marine pure blocks. I believe the ATS removes. no3:po4 in the right amounts. But just in case no3 rises a bit I would have the opporunity to add a bit of carbon for denitrification.

    I am also thinking about growing phytonplankton as this becomes much more interesting now without any skimmer pulling out the plankton. I guess this promotes the microfauna and improves conditions for nps corals. The marine pure blocks would serve as a great place for the pods to hang out.[​IMG]

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Share This Page