1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrubber

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff W, Apr 2, 2016.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Jeff W

Jeff W New Member

Hello Everyone
    I have been reading about the scrubber phenomenon and now have my first prototype running. I am trying two different lights. One is LED and the other side is bulb style.

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Welcome to the site, and to scrubbing!

Let's see some pics:D

3. Jeff W

Jeff W New Member

4. Jeff W

Jeff W New Member

5. Jeff W

Jeff W New Member

This is what I opted to support the pipe. The pipe just rests in the hook where the end cap of the screen pipe ends.

6. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

Paste the IMG code
    [​IMG]

7. Turbo

[​IMG]

8. Jeff W

Jeff W New Member

Yes my bad. Damn phone only does so much hahaha

9. Turbo

yeah, Photobucket's site is kinda janky, especially on mobile. But I keep all my stuff there too. The IMG code link is tough to find sometimes.

10. Jeff W

Jeff W New Member

I placed some nice hairy green Algea on the scrubber to "seed it" and was gone this morning except for some roots.
    Has anyone placed the screen in the tank to grow Algea first before placing in the waterfall to try to speed it up?

11. Turbo

Seeding usually doesn't do much. The screen material itself has to accrue a calcification layer, that is what the algae anchors to.

Did you rough up the screen? Hard to tell in the pic but it doesn't look like it is very roughed up.

Also, really huge screen. What size tank is that for and how much are you feeding? I didn't pay attention yesterday - was at a soccer game when I replied.

12. Jeff W

Jeff W New Member

Yes I scraped it up pretty good. This is on my 240DT with a 100 gallon sump.

13. Jeff W

Jeff W New Member

Day 4 and already starting to see the brown color.
    [​IMG]

Turbo likes this.
  14. trivodi

trivodi Member

USA
    Is it growing, is it blue light on both sides?

15. Jeff W

Jeff W New Member

On one side is a Eco light and the other is a LED which gives it the blue.
    [​IMG][/URL]