1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seesaw scrubber concept

Discussion in 'Experimental Scrubber Concepts' started by HK_Fuey, Jul 31, 2013.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. HK_Fuey

HK_Fuey New Member

Hi all

What are your thoughts on this please:
    SeesawScrubber.jpg

2. Rumpy Pumpy

Rumpy Pumpy Member Trusted Member

UK
  3. HK_Fuey

HK_Fuey New Member

The seesaw would be fully submerged, or could allow the ends to pop out for a breather. The dump method flatens the algae, so restricts growth. I was thinking this was similar to @Garfs surge method, but without the need for a second tank, and without the gurgle of the surge.

4. Rumpy Pumpy

UK
    I see. Still not sure if you'd see any advantage really and the motorised thing makes it overcomplicated imo, but why not build it and see?

5. Garf

Garf Member Trusted Member

in any case I think it needs to be lit from the top.

6. wafu

wafu New Member

Would be like the waving flag screen, only on a different axis and will receive less light if lit from the sides.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk 2

7. HK_Fuey

HK_Fuey New Member

Had a look at the waving flag method, and looks like that would have to be built in a separate box to the sump. I'm trying to work a way of avoiding matting, using the centre chamber of my sump, but increasing the flow (wouldn't have thought it would create much movement of the GHA at the normal rate it flows through a sump). I figured moving the screen around within the sump would do the trick.

Any other thoughts on how to move the screen around in the sump?

8. Rumpy Pumpy

UK
    Spin or rotate it?

Been done before though, not seen a successful one yet

9. HK_Fuey

HK_Fuey New Member

Hmm. So what makes the surge method work so well then?